Wednesday, May 4, 2016

More and More ducks

I thought rabbits were bad.  Think ducks are worst.  Now we have 3 nests with at least 5 to 7 eggs in each nest.  As soon as any of these hatch they are going on craigslist, yard sale site or some where.  Which should be any day for the first nest.  There are about 3 weeks for the second nest and about 5 weeks on the other one.  My grandson seems to think we should keep all the babies. 

The garden harvest has begun.  Yesterday we harvested the first 2 radishes.  One was the size of my thumb and the other one was smaller.  Checked the carrots.  They are about half the size of a pencil.  Tasted good though.  The green beans, dill, and sunflower are all up. The peas have flowers on them. Planted tomatoes.  If this is a good year for tomatoes, I will have to put baskets out by the road with a free sign.  I have paste tomatoes, small tomatoes, 2 types of slicing tomatoes.  As I said if it is a good year, I will have tomatoes for the whole neighborhood.   

Then there are the peppers.  I have very hot peppers, green peppers and lots of banana peppers.  Both my son and daughter brought banana peppers.  Oh well, they make a real good mustard.  Sold real good at the farmer's market two years ago.  I will have to make some of that.  Still want to get some regular red hot peppers and some sweet red peppers.

Can you tell I like my garden?

Hope you had a good day.

Did you know?  One medium sized tomato (123 grams) contains only 22 calories







No comments:

Post a Comment