Thursday, February 18, 2016

Busy day

Finally got an estimate for putting propane gas into the house today.  Gas stove should be installed a week from Monday.  Hooray, maybe I can cook something other than burnt food.  Electric stoves for everyday cooking and I do not get along. I burn everything.

The new electric stove finally got delivered.  It is temporarily in the kitchen then it is going downstairs to the jelly kitchen.  It will be nice not to have to cook my jellies and dinner in the same small kitchen.  Jelly season is upon me and I need to get the jelly process started.

We started gearing up today for the new Master Foods class through the County Extension office.  My classmates and myself from last year are helping Susan train additional volunteers.  I have met several of the new volunteers and am real excited to get to know them better.  The Master Foods volunteers help get the information from the land grant colleges (in our case, Virginia Tech. and UVA) out to the general public.  We do demonstrations at the farmers markets, community meetings, schools, etc. We are very much like the Master Gardeners except we deal with food and family living.

Did you know? In Utah, it is illegal to swear in front of a dead person.

No comments:

Post a Comment