Monday, February 15, 2016

Snowy and cold day

Had another snow storm today.  Which if you are not familiar with southwest Virginia is a big deal.  Everything shuts down and you are expected to stay off the roads.  We don't have the road equipment to handle snow.  Of course, the ice that followed the 9" of snow made the situation even worst.   Needless to say No School tomorrow.

I took advantage of the whole situation and taught myself a weaving technique.  Was suppose to go to a workshop last Saturday to learn the technique but that did not happen.  So yesterday when I went the weaver's guild meeting I picked up the class notes and today I taught it to myself.  Hopefully you will be seeing an item using huck weaving in the near future.

Did you know? When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.


No comments:

Post a Comment