Friday, April 1, 2016

Spring Break Almost Over

The girls teacher said today is the last day of spring break.  The weekend does not count as they get every weekend off.  At least they got a couple days this week to spend with their dad in Radford.  

Picked violets on Wednesday and made jelly out of them today.  I think it is so pretty and even tastes good.  I got to lick the spoon.  It sold real good last year at the Farmer's Market so hope to make several batches this year.  

Keeping my eyes open for large patches of dandelions.  It takes 10 cups of flowers to make one batch of jelly.  Had several people ask for it last year so if I can find enough I will make a couple of batches.  One batch makes four 8 oz. jars. 

Been getting my retail therapy last couple of days.  The girls needed new dresses for an upcoming wedding and I found some at Peebles in Bedford for only $15 each.  They were $40 dresses with 60% off.  Lucked out, sometimes it is had to find sale dresses that are alike and in sizes that will fit each girl.  I also found some real cute outfits for my niece's babyshower.

Hope you had a good day.

Did you know?  There is 3,805,927 square miles in the United States.



No comments:

Post a Comment